Páginas

Thursday 14 May 2015

Welcome to our American friend :-)




Hello students of La Caraba en bicicleta!
How are you all? My name is Marie and I am a friend of your teacher. 
I am very happy to say hello and am looking forward to getting to know you all. I am American but my husband is from Spain.

We live in Huntsville, Alabama, in the southeastern part of the United States. Maybe you can look at a map to find our town.  



My husband and I met many years ago when I was a student in the university and went to Valencia to study Spanish. I feel in love with Spain, and with him. We have two children who were both born in Valencia. We came to live in the United States when our children were very little because my husband got a good job here. 

We return to visit Valencia often. Spain is a very beautiful country, and Valencia is a very special place. You are very lucky to live there.

I am sending some pictures so you can get to know me and my husband. I am also sending a picture of our house so you can see where we live. 



I imagine you all like music; I do too. I listen to music every day. I like almost every type of music.  I listen to mostly songs in English, but I also like songs in Spanish, and sometimes in other languages also.

When I am feeling happy, I usually listen to happy  music. One of my favorite happy songs is called Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Do you know that song? 
It is a lot of fun. 

 

 Row, row, row your boat,
 Gently down the stream.
 Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
 Life is but a dream.

Sometimes I like quiet music. One of my favorite quiet songs is  You've Got a Friend.  The music is simple, but the words are very powerful. The song is a beautiful message about how important it is to be a good friend, especially  when  your friend is hurting or having troubles in  life. This song reminds me of my best friend when I was in high school.  We always helped each other when we had problems. I think of my friend every time I listen to that song and am very thankful to have such a wonderful person in my life. 


I hope you all have a lot of music in your lives and a lot of friends too!

Do you have any questions about the United States? Please let me know and I will try answer them.

One more thing, your teacher, Miss Puerto, is a very wonderful lady who loves you all very much. I hope you are all very good to her.

Until the next time!

Marie 



No comments:

Post a Comment