Páginas

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Mediterranean Sea


Ever since I was a child
I bathed in your crystal waters
And built castles in your sands
ever since my first romance
I took every chance to visit your secret quarters
Where hidden along the shore
I left my sorrows and so much more


On my skin there’s still a trace
of salt and eternal teardrops
Like a neverending pool
All the way to Istanbul
Where emperors make the rules
And poor people still tend their crops
With all these stories to tell
The sea is the deepest well
The Mediterranean light
such a beautiful sight
A thousand colours now veil her
To her I’ll sing my lines
Drink a glass of red wine
And lead the life of a sailor

Then return where I belong
“Nací en el Mediterráneo”

Like the waves you come and go
And cover the land with kisses
Then follow the beaten track
And never think of coming back
The constancy that you lack
Is what every woman misses
Who loves and fears her youth
Who knows and values and wants the truth


From now till the day I die
I’ll treasure the final hours
Faithful to what I wrote
I’ll disembark my boat
Watch it stay afloat
Adorn it with fragrant flowers
I’ll be buried in the sand
Between water and land
On top of the highest mountain
My tears drop like a fountain
Melt away in the distance
My body will be enshrined
In the thick forest of pines
As proof of my existence

I return where I belong
“Nací en el Mediterráneo”


Clara Sanabras



 
Perhaps because my childhood
Keeps playing on your beach,
And hidden between the canes
My first love sleeps,
I carry your light and your scent
Wherever I go
And bunched up in your sand
I keep love, games and sorrows.
 
I, that in my skin have the bitter
Taste of eternal weeping,
That have spilled in you one hundred towns
From Algeciras (town in Cadis province Spain) to Instanbul,
So that you can paint in blue
Their long nights of winter.
From the force of misadventures,
Your soul is deep and dark.
 
To your red dawns
My eyes became accostumed
Like a curve to the path...
I'm a singer, I'm a liar,
I like the game and the wine,
I have the soul of a sailor...
 
What else can I do? 
I was born on the Mediterranean
 
And you come near, and you leave
After kissing my small village.
Playing with the tide
You leave, thinking of returning.
You're like a woman
Perfumed with tar
That one misses and wants
That one knows and fears.
 
Ay...
 
If one day for my badness
The grim reaper comes to look for me.
Push my boat to the sea
And let the storm
Discard it's white wings.
And bury me without pain
Between the beach and the sky...
 
Oon the slope of the hill
Higher than the horizon.
I want to have a good view.
My body will be a path,
I will give green to the pines
And yellow to the genista...
 
Close to the sea. Because
I was born on the Mediterranean
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment