Páginas

Thursday 23 April 2015

The Power and Importance of Reading



Books Change Lives


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
 The more that you learn, the more places you'll go" 
 Dr. Seuss




Bookmarks




"You can find magic wherever you look.
Sit back and relax, all you need is a book." Dr. Seuss



"Open your mind. Open a book. "





"I will read. I will read on a boat. I will read with a goat. I will read on a train. I will read in the rain. I will read with a fox. I will read in a box. I will read with a mouse. I will read in a house. I will read here and there. I will read anywhere!!!"





"EEKK. Elbow to elbow. Knee to knee. I'll read to you and you'll read to me. Elbow to elbow. Knee to knee. Book in the middle. So we both can see!"

EEKK
"Reading is to mind, what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele



"Reading gives us a place to go when we have to stay where we are."
Mason Cooley



The whole world opened to me when I learned to read. " 
Mary Mcleod Bethune



"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on treasure island."
Walt Disney



"Imagination because a good book has no ending."



"We are readers, dreamers and make-believers."



"To learn to read is to light a fire." 
 Victor Hugo



"Books aren't just made of words you know, they're also filled with places to visit and people to meet."



"Everyone is a reader... 
 Some just haven't found their favourite book yet."



"We read to know we are not alone!"
 C. S. Lewis



"A book is a gift you can open again and again." 
 Garrison Keillor

A book is a gift you can open again and again.

"A book is like a garden, carried in the pocket."
 Chinese proverb



"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most 
 accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."
 Charles William Elliot




"Books are the plane and the train, and the road. 
 They are the distination, and the journey. They are home."
 Anna Quindlen




"I have always imagined that paradise will be kind of a library."








No comments:

Post a Comment